Sometimes auto accidents are unavoidable. Whether the at-fault driver was distracted, under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or simply disobeying the rules of the road, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries.
Filing a claim after an auto accident isn’t easy to do alone. Our auto accident attorneys are here to guide you from making sure you fulfill the requirements of the statute of limitations, to helping you understand the insurance requirements. We are there to help you every step of the way.
Joe E. Williams, Jr. has years of experiencing handling auto accident claims, and can determine if your accident was the result of someone else’s negligence. He will put his knowledge of the law to work as he investigates the crash and builds a strong case for you.
Cases and Recovery
$1.6 Million – Auto accident on interstate involving rollover of automobile with serious injuries.
$6.6 Million – Auto accident as a result of road construction on interstate highway, which caused serious spinal cord injury.
$495,000.00 – Client rear-ended while sitting at traffic light, resulting in both neck and lower back surgery.
$125,000.00 – Client rear-ended while sitting at yield sign, resulting in neck surgery.
$100,000.00 – Motor vehicle accident, which resulted in client having lower back surgery.
$90,000.00 – Knee injury suffered by driver of vehicle who was struck by a firetruck.
$87,500.00 – Knee injury suffered during automobile accident, which required surgery.
$240,000.00 – Accident which caused a compression fracture to the back and a closed head injury.
$89,000.00 – Motor vehicle wreck in which client suffered injury to shoulder, which required surgery.
What To Do
If you or a family member are involved in a motor vehicle accident:
- Do not admit fault or liability to anyone prior to speaking with your attorney.
- Be polite and courteous to the police officer and to the drivers of all other vehicles.
- Be observant as to matters at the scene of the accident, such as clothing worn by the other driver, which may indicate the name of the company that he was working for at the time of the accident.
- Write down the names of any companies that may be written on the other vehicles involved in the accident.
- If you are able, get the names and contact information of any witnesses who may have witnessed the accident or come to the scene shortly after the accident.
- If you have a camera or a video cellphone, take pictures of the accident scene and of all vehicles involved in the accident.
- Notify your own insurance carrier as soon as reasonably possible after the accident, so that they may begin their investigation.
- If you are injured, you should seek medical treatment as soon as reasonably possible, both to receive treatment and to document your injuries.
- Contact an attorney with experience in handling personal injury cases, so that you can protect your rights and your ability to receive fair and adequate compensation for any damages suffered.
- Do not communicate with the insurance adjuster for the other driver or drivers, and do not give recorded statements, but instead have your attorney handle all such communication.
- Keep a diary of your medical care and of everything that happens to you during the course of your treatment.
Note: Please remember to contact an experienced auto accident attorney as soon possible following an automobile accident in which you or a member of your family has been injured. All such consultations with this office are free, and there is no obligation whatsoever. If you retain us to represent you in the action, there will be no up-front fee, but any fee will be on a contingent basis. Typically, such a contingent fee in most cases will be one-third of any recovery either by trial verdict or settlement. There is no charge for you to become informed of your legal rights, but there may be a very high cost to you for failing to seek adequate legal representation.